Odds and Sods Vol 2 Issue 27
- It is leaf peeping season in New England.
- Not a spectacular year for colors, but the beauty is still there.
- I really enjoy the sights of the different trees. Sadly, after the leaves are gone, winter is at the door.
- Having lived in New England for fifteen years, I have become increasingly tired of the cold and snow.
- It is a time of death in a sense. That is followed by spring which is a time of rebirth and renewal. However, that is a long time off!
- God is good! Live a salty life!
- See you in next week!
You Belong To God
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, NKJV)
This principle is much broader than simply applying to our sexual conduct. If our bodies belong to Jesus, we also have no right to be idle with, or wasteful of, what belongs to Him. Our bodies should be put to use glorifying God (Therefore glorify God in your body).
“Your body was a willing horse when it was in the service of the devil, let it not be a sluggish hack now that it draws the chariot of Christ.” Charles Spurgeon
Because our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, God Himself lives within us. This means we have the strength, the power over the sins of the flesh living within us. We should and must expect sexual purity from Christians more than from those who are not because they do not have God living within them as we do.
Many old manuscripts end this chapter with the words glorify God in your body. The words and in your spirit may have been added by a scribe who thought it wasn’t “spiritual” enough to end the chapter talking about our bodies glorifying God.
Abba Father God, thank You for redeeming us for the very depths of Hell itself through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ on that cross. Thank You for loving us and sending You Spirit to live within us. Help us to walk in this truth. In Jesus name, Amen.