Odds and Sods Vol 2 Issue 25
- This hurricane season is having quite an impact on people.
- It breaks my heart.
- The people in Puerto Rico are U.S citizens. I served in the military with a number of Puerto Ricans. We need to help.
- Their territory was already in a very poor financial situation.
- Is God speaking to us in this?
- Cheryl was off this past week. I took off as much as possible.
- On Thursday we went to the Eastern States Exposition, otherwise known as the Big E!
- It is really a state fair for the six states of New England.
- We have lived in New England for 15 years and never attended the Big E.
- It is less than 10 minutes away from us by car.
- We had a good time taking in the sights and eating overpriced food.
- God is good! Live a salty life!
- See you in next week!
You Are Justified!
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1, NKJV)
By placing our faith in God through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we are declared by God to be righteous in His sight. This is the state of what we call “saved.”
God no longer sees you as a sinner or transgressor. He sees you as justified. You are right in His eyes. Being justified means God views me just as if I had never sinned.
Points To Ponder
- A lot of people refer to themselves as sinners saved by grace. There is great truth in that for all of us.
- Once you are born again, the Bible never again refers to a person as a sinner.
- God sees you as righteous (justified).
- He has the power to work that out if we will walk in it.
Father God, we pray for those in Texas, Louisana, Flordia, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean who have had their lives completely upended by these disasters. Give them hope and strength. Help us to give generously. Empower Your salvation to be proclaimed. In Jesus name, Amen.