Cultivating Christ Consciousness
Come to Me. (Matthew 11:28, NKJV)
We need to be coming to Jesus on a continuous, never ending basis. So often our main consciousness is of ourselves. We must learn to cultivate a Christ consciousness. When we do this, we empower the Lord to be active and involved in the daily living of our lives. Otherwise, we are off trying to be a Christian without the direction of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. Having a Christ consciousness is the beginning of the Spirit led life.
Cultivating a Christ consciousness takes effort on our part. Start by recognizing the Jesus lives in you. Teach yourself to be aware of His presence as you go through the day.
Jesus is not just for Sundays and eternity. He wants to be involved in every aspect of your life. That is one measure of how much He loves you!
Thank you, Lord, for the life You purpose to live in and through us. We praise and bless You this day. Help us to be aware of Your presence in us this right now and throughout the day. In Jesus name, Amen.
1 Year Bible Reading
Odds and Sods Vol 2 Issue 20
- We are back from vacation. It was very enjoyable
- We visited a number of parks and did a fair amount of walking around in the woods. This is something we enjoy.
- We had plenty of time to think and ponder. This is good.
- So often our lives are so busy that there is not sufficient time for reflection. When we consider our ways, we give the Lord the opportunity to minister to us. We all need this. It allows for growth in our relationship with Him.
- Last week the newsletter did not go out. My apologies. It will be sent on Wednesday.
- God is good! Live a salty life!
- See you in next week!