God Our Sanctifier
And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy, and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine. (Leviticus 20:26, NLKV)
What does it mean to live a holy life? What does it mean for God to sanctify us?
God is our Sanctifier. He sets us apart from sin through the finished of Jesus Christ on the Cross.
There is a second aspect to this. That is, we are to set ourselves apart to God.
Unfortunately, we have often focused on the first part (separation from sin) and ignored the latter part (separation to God).
We need both.
God established us. But we are to walk in what He has done by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Holy Father God, thank You for saving us from the eternal consequences of sin. We seek to set ourselves to You fully and completely. Grant us strength for this day to live as a holy people set apart for You. In Jesus name, Amen.
Christian Links Vol 2 Issue 23
Here some great links I came across this week:
- Texas Churches Flooded by Harvey Sue FEMA for Discrimination
- Grocery Chain Removes Crosses from Product Packaging
- Ancient Seals from First Temple Period are Discovered in Jerusalem
- Amazing Love
- Alabama football coach found Jesus, renewed his passion for the game
- DOJ files brief on behalf of baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a gay couple
- Three Keys to Fight Spiritual Wandering
- Who is Joel Osteen, and are his teachings biblical?
- Worshiping a Golden Calf on Sunday Morning Is Deceptively Easy
Thank you for being a part The Simple Christian Life. Please feel free to express your thoughts and opinions by leaving a comment! Simply Following Jesus In Spirit & In Truth. Thank you for reading THOT 4 2 Day & Christian Links Vol 2 Issue 23.