We Exist To Worship God
Give unto the Lord the glory due to His name;
Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. (Psalm 29:2, NKJV)
Yes, worship of the loving God is man’s whole reason for existence. That is why we are born and that is why we are born again from above. That is why we were created and that is why we have been recreated. That is why there was a genesis at the beginning, and that is why there is a re-genesis, called regeneration.
That is also why there is a church. The Christian church exists to worship God first of all. Everything else must come second or third or fourth or fifth….
Sad, sad indeed, are the cries of so many today who have never discovered why they were born. It brings to mind the poet Milton’s description of the pathetic lostness and loneliness of our first parents. Driven from the garden, he says, “they took hand in hand and through the valley made their solitary way.” – A.W. Tozer
Loving Father God, we exist to worship You. We seek to know You and be conformed to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ. In Jesus name, amen.
Odds and Sods Vol 2 Issue 15
- We are on a journey. We started in Egypt (a type of the world and its allurements). Our destination is Heaven and living in the very presence of God for all eternity. A key component of our journey is becoming prepared for our final destination. This process is called sanctification.
- God used the forty years Israel was in the wilderness to mold and form them into His people.
- This same process is at work in us.
- Understanding that God is working in us enables us to cooperate with Him.
- God is good! Live a salty life!
- See you in next week!
1 Year Bible Reading